Thursday, December 29, 2011

New Year's Resolutions

When we look at the new calendar year, we tend to make resolutions about things we want to start, finish, or maintain.  I have found a practical way at keeping those resolutions with a high percentage.  How?

I start them early in December or even at the end of November.  If I can stick with it for that long before the New Year, then I know it's a legitimate resolution. If not, I need to find something else or just forego any that year.

I also make an effort to set models goals period no matter the time of year.  I've heard it said that we underestimate what we can do in five years but overestimate what can do in one year.  Simply put, it's the diligent faithful steward that bites off a little at a time, and, before he realizes it, he has accomplished far more than he expected.

Press on, and especially make a faithful effort to read God's Word regularly this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment